Saturday, May 21, 2022

Term Two: Week Four ~ Lizards, Legos and Anniversary Celebrations

An eclectic batch of photos this week, almost none of which show traditional, structured learning time. But I'm pleased with the moments in our life that I've captured digitally this week. It is a fairly good representation of the parts of our lives that are NOT considered structured learning but are still part of the homeschooling experience.

Once again I discovered our resident Blue Tongue Lizard by accident when I went outside to put some recycling in the bin. He/she was busy flattening as low as they could go to warm up in the late morning sun.

In this picture you can see the stump where the front, right leg used to be. I don't know whether limbs can grow back or not, so whenever we do see "Sunny" I try to photograph the right side so we can document any issues with the missing limb.

Sunny's tail is growing back nicely and general health looks good to me, so I'm pleased to know that we have resident lizards again as it will keep the cockroaches at bay. Now we are working hard to teach Sunny not to fear us so much. Certainly on this particular day Sunny tolerated us coming outside a good many times before scurrying off to wherever "home" is.

The left-hand photo is Monkey showing me how to get started on our math lesson. On this particular day we were drawing 3D shapes on isometric grid paper and it was thoroughly straining my brain. But after some pointers from him (his artistic ability really shines during some of his math units) I was able to draw shapes all on my own. The right-hand photo is the finished drawing that I'm pleased to report I did all on my own from start to finish without any help from Monkey.

Monkey's new interest is the Rubix cube. He taught himself (with some help from online information I believe) how to solve the puzzle and is now working on improving his time.


The Thursday Afternoon After School Activity at the library was Lego and Munchkin's best friend surprised him and attended as well!!  They got very busy building birds (above photo)...

Vehicles...

and houses (they also build some little robots but I didn't photograph those)... They really had a wonderful time together and are now really looking forward to next week and other weeks in the future.

Monkey finally finished this drawing he has been working on for a couple of weeks now...


We finished our week celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary on Friday evening. The boys have reached the age where they are capable and able to stay home alone together, allowing hubby and I do enjoy dinner and a movie together. These are some photos I took of the super cute theatre we went to. The theater (which opened in 1977) is located inside the Town Hall building which was built in 1891, and the atmosphere was amazing!!


Independent reading for Munchkin...



Non-fiction titles we finished this week...


More independent reading for Munchkin...




More non-fiction titles we finished reading aloud this week...

I finally finished reading this aloud to Monster this week. To quote him... the book was "painfully entertaining" and I'm quite glad to be finished with it.




Finally, more independent reading for Munchkin...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment