Saturday, June 24, 2023

Term Two: Week Nine ~ New Social Event

Week nine is finished and the end of the term is in sight. I have informed the boys that as soon as they finish their assigned work they are on school holidays so we'll see which of them works that little bit extra to actually finish early. Once they are on holidays they get 60 minutes of computer time per day instead of 30 minutes, so there is motivation to finish early.

Munchkin and I noticed this succulent at church and we have never seen it grow a tall stalk like this. We are wondering if it is going to flower so we have decided to keep a close eye on it and check it each week.

After church we drove into the city to pick up some computer equipment and I took the opportunity to photograph the beautiful winter trees.

The other thing we did Sunday after church was visit a high school friend of hubby's who gifted me with two, 60 litre tubs of yarn. She crochets squares for charity and I now knit squares for charity so we are both in need of lots of yarn. She recently inherited her mother-in-law's entire collection of yarn and it is WAY more than she will use so she was generous enough to share. 







Yes, I took way too many photos of the yarn, but I had lots of fun sorting through it all and boxing it back up in a way that would be easiest to access what I want to use first.

I found this drawing that Monkey is working on - and took two different photos of it. One on my DSLR (left photo) and one on my phone (right photo)

We finished off two junior non-fiction books that cover Munchkin's curriculum requirements.


It was Lego Day at the library for After School Activities on Friday. Munchkin and his little friend enjoyed building at one table while a small group of girls built at the other table.


A new addition to our social calendar is that Monkey and Monster now attend a youth group on Friday nights with some of our best homeschool friends. They live about a 15 minute walk from our house so the boys leave here at 4:30pm, walk to our friend's house, enjoy dinner there, and then the father drives them to youth group and drops them home after. They are REALLY enjoying themselves and I'm so glad our friends thought to invite them.


It seems I'm averaging three days of good walking per week. I would like to get them up to five days soon. Ideally I should be walking (for exercise) all seven days of the week, but that goal is difficult most of the time and near impossible in winter.



Munchkin's independent reading for the week...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment