Saturday, October 1, 2022

School Holidays: Week One ~ Best Friends, Library Events, and Birthday Parties

We started our first week of school holidays with a wonderful surprise at church. It was our quarterly potluck Sunday and dear friends who we haven't seen in several months were able to attend. Therefore, after church I grabbed my big camera and got busy snapping photos of the two boys. For my readers who may not remember, the parents are Munchkin's godparents.

Their younger son, who turns two the end of November, is a JOY to photograph, even though he really doesn't like the camera. The looks he would give me whenever I put it up to my eye. But I managed a few quick shots and these two above are my favourites for the day.


Their older son is almost exactly one year younger than Munchkin and they have been friends pretty much since birth. They have done so well with all the separation during COVID and life in general. It was a joy to see them pick up where they left off and just continue with their friendship.

Getting good photos of the two of them was a challenge however... they were too busy keeping track of a bunch of snails they had found in the churchyard.


I promised Munchkin we would play some games over the school holidays. This particular afternoon I taught him how to play Yahtzee and Word Yahtzee. The teaching process was a tad on the stressful side as I had to remind myself of the rules as well because I hadn't played in a long time, but once we sorted it all out we enjoyed ourselves.

Wednesday was our first library event for the holidays... a reptile show! 

Touching a Shingleback Lizard...


Touching a Bearded Dragon...


Touching a snake...

Touching a baby saltwater crocodile...

Wednesday evening we had a family outing to the park near our house. 

We were completely surrounded by thunderstorms, but thankfully the weather stayed dry for the entire hour we were at the park.


The boys kicked the soccer ball around with their dad while I photographed the clouds and did some walking...



Thursday was play date day... Munchkin had his best friend over for some board gaming fun (and our neighbour joined them as well)...

Meanwhile the two older boys walked to up to another friends house to celebrate their elder son's birthday... The birthday boy is standing on the right...

To start the day they enjoyed a veggie and dip tray... food is ALWAYS enjoyed when multiple boys are around.

Then the birthday boy got busy with the BBQ... cooking copious amounts of onion (as seen in this photo) and sausages!!

Food, Food, and still more FOOD!!

The birthday cake was this beautiful pavlova!

The theme of the party was a gaming party, so after all the food, the boys enjoyed playing Nintendo Switch games!
** All photos compliments of the birthday boy's mum as I was at home with Munchkin **

Friday was BINGO at the library! Munchkin is now the only child young enough in our family to participate in Bingo because the cap the age at 12 years old. Munchkin and his best friend's sister playing Bingo, while Munchkin's best friend opted to look at books...

And the youngest played naughts and crosses with his mum...

They gave us a ride home so that Monkey and his little bestie could enjoy a short visit together. The friendship these two boys have warms my heart.

Two days of heavy walking this week... I'm still working hard to even my walking out so that I'm walking consistently every day and not stressing my system out. But the weather is making that very difficult.
******************************************
For those who are interested, the remainder of this blog post consists of photos of the independent reading that Munchkin did this week... Yes, the selection is MUCH smaller... he has the ability to use screens again. 










No comments:

Post a Comment