Saturday, December 17, 2022

Term Four: Week Ten ~ That's a Wrap

Our final week of this term and the entire school year.
Only Monkey had structured written work to do - three math tests and a writing assignment. 
He was completely finished by lunch time on Thursday.
Now the boys and I can relax and enjoy six weeks of summer holidays.

Sunday after church was our quarterly potluck lunch. Monster's Godfather was there alone (without his wife) so we decided we needed a "boys" photo...


We finished off a ton of literature this week. 
I'm SO pleased to have finally finished the entire Harry Potter series. It was fun to read aloud to the boys and I really enjoyed the storyline. I'm looking forward to reading the whole series aloud again in a couple years time when Munchkin is old enough for them.

Monster and I really enjoyed The Three Musketeers. It was a fun read. Now we'll do some research to decide which movie (or perhaps movies) to watch.

All three boys are enjoying The Mouse and the Motorcycle series... there is one more book in the series and we'll read it in the first week of the holidays before taking a break from literature until February.




Our selection of Christmas picture books that we read daily this week... remember I will be doing a dedicated Christmas picture book post soon so if you want some more information about the individual books, stay tuned and watch out for that.

We put up and decorated our Christmas tree this week... the boys do a majority of the decorations and then daddy is in charge of the tinsel.

I have a treasured set of Sesame Street character ornaments... there are six in the set. Every year I place Grover and Ernie on the tree and then the boys place the other characters on the tree. I have had these decorations for as long as I can remember but I'm not sure when my mum may have purchased them so it is possible they are slightly older than I am if she bought them the Christmas before I was born (maybe)...



We finished our very last non-fiction book this week... read alouds for school holidays are now down to "essential" reading only - which is Bible and character reading.

Munchkin and I were thrilled to discover that the three tomatoes growing on our plant are in fact starting to ripen...

First and Last Day of School Photos - Monster

First and Last Day of School Photos - Monkey

First and Last Day of School Photos - Munchkin
I think he has changed the most as I see that the last of his baby/little boy looks have left his face.

We were gifted an elliptical trainer from a friend of ours... it lives on the front verandah for the time being so Munchkin had some fun riding it one afternoon...

This photo of the "men" after church was taken on my phone. It was just a quick snapshot but I liked how it turned out and decided to keep it.

And yes, my photos from my phone are out of the general order of the blog post...

Tree decorating photos taken on my phone... it always interests me when I get better photos on my phone then my DSLR camera. I think my photo of my Grover decoration is better here than from my big camera...


Fun with the tinsel before daddy put it on the tree...

Monkey is officially graduating from Sunday School at church, and Munchkin is also semi-graduating as we are changing the format at church. Our boys are the only "children" at church right now, and it isn't really sensible or feasible for only one child (Munchkin) to be in Sunday School each week, so both boys will take part in the the full church service, staying and listening to the sermon each week.

We MAY trial holding Sunday School once a month, but nothing has been fully decided yet.
***************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment