Sunday, April 10, 2022

Books I'm Currently Reading

I have recently decided to post my own independent reading, and my photography, in separate blog posts rather than included in the Weekly Review posts I do for the boys. I am hoping this will encourage me to MAKE more time for my personal reading and my photography.

As a young girl in high school and university, I had only ever read the first book in the Anne series. Then several years ago, I bought the boxed set, only to leave it sitting on the shelf untouched and unread. So this year I decided I MUST read all the books. This is the one I'm currently working on, and although I LOVE it, the reading is slow because the book (and hence the print as well) is small. A majority of my independent reading is done late at night when both my brain and my eyes are tired and therefore tiny print taxes me concentration and I find I can only manage one chapter of this book at a time.

This is a book my best friend in America generously gifted me with a few years ago and I picked it up a few weeks ago and started reading it. It is SUCH a good book and though I'm only a couple of chapters in, I think it is going to be very insightful and extremely helpful.

These two books were spontaneous selections from our local library. I can't remember what subject search I was doing at the time (actually two different ones) but these titles popped up, caught my eye, and in reading the descriptions I decided to put them on reserve and give them a try. Again, I'm only a few chapters in to each book, but they are both proving to be interesting, insightful, and worth the time I'm spending to read them.

This is actually THREE books in one, and the sequel to another set of three books in one that I finished several weeks ago. The whole story line is thrilling and intriguing (though the very first book started slowly) and I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the story in this set.

Finally, I started this book last night. My mother got me hooked on Bryce Courtney books and our local St Vincent de Paul shop and Salvation Army shop frequently have his books (hardbound no less) available for about $4 each. I have so many Bryce Courtney books that I try to always have one on the shelf that I'm currently reading, but I needed a bit of a break after The Power of One and Tandia, and then I couldn't decide which book I wanted to start next. But last night, I decided this would be the winner and it was a good choice. It grabbed me straight away in the very first chapter and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment