Saturday, August 14, 2021

Term Three: Week Five ~ A variety of Activities

Week five of the term and we have reached the halfway mark. The weather is glorious, sunny, and slowly warming up, and our structured written work has settled into a pattern that is working well for us. With the exception of our drawing lesson for this week, I photographed nothing of our structured part of our days and instead focused on some of the other activities we enjoy.

Monster is working hard to catch up on the drawing lessons as he prefers to work on them independently rather than in the group setting. This is his drawing of the treasure chest.

We are the owners of a new (to us anyway), glass, chess set, so the boys have been eagerly asking their dad to play games with them in the afternoon. Here Monkey takes a turn at trying to beat daddy.


More work on my photography challenge on Facebook. These were a third submission for the theme of one object, three perspectives. The left photo above is my favourite of the three. The one object, three perspectives assignment was more difficult that I thought it would be. I don't quite know if this is because my movements are so restricted right now, if my photography is rusty because I've put it on the back burner of life, or if I'm just not thinking outside the box enough. At any rate, it is an assignment I will keep working on independently through the remainder of this year.



Munchkin got EXTRA exercise one day, asking for some time on the trampoline, spending some time on the stationary bike trainer, AND later walking with me in the afternoon.

On our way home from our walk we discovered a hairy caterpillar and brought him home to see if we can watch him pupate and change into a moth.

We scored a 3KG bag of assorted Lego for free and the boys spent an afternoon sorting through everything discovering all the treasures.

Left photo: Monkey's drawing for this week (a continuation or part two of last week's lesson), as well as a drawing of a tortoise that he drew earlier in the week...

Munchkin working on his drawing lesson... he likes to add to his picture once the lesson is completed.

Mum's drawing for this week's lesson...


Some more drawings Monkey has done in the past week or so...

Learning for me... Some time ago I purchased the textbook "Getting Started With Spanish" with the intention of brushing up my Spanish skills. This iron clad lockdown that we are currently in seems an excellent time for me to do some learning of my own. I'm also using the app Duolingo on my phone.

Munchkin's completed drawing for this week...

Monkey exercising on the bike one afternoon this week...

A Friday night game of Exploding Kittens complete with all the expansion packs.

Our "pet" caterpillar has already decided to pupate!! 



Monster's catch-up drawings...









Independent reading primarily for Munchkin, though Monkey read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books as well...


I finished reading the next Narnia book to the boys this week...





More of Munchkin's independent reading...

And finally, another Diary of a Wimpy Kid book that Monkey enjoyed for independent reading this week.


BEFORE!!

I got a rather drastic hair cut this week. The reasons behind it are personal and private. As this is a public blog I won't be sharing the reasons here... it you want to know the WHY behind my decision,  you know how to contact me.

On Saturday I enjoyed a long hour and a half walk all alone. The peace and quiet was sheer bliss.

A hilarious, and very bald, photo of my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment