Saturday, March 13, 2021

Term One: Week Six ~ All Things Science

Week Six has arrived and I will start the blog post off with another submission to my fortnightly photography challenge that I participate in on Facebook. As you know from last week, the theme is "rounded" and after a family trip to Hungry Jacks for lunch, Munchkin gifted me his toy which I thought fit the theme well!!



Munchkin and I enjoyed playing some games together this week...

Working diligently on his handwriting...

It appears we have at least TWO Blue Tongue Lizards living under our house or at least on the property. The boys and I discovered this guy sunning himself in the backyard and he is completely different from the one we found in the front yard missing one leg and wounded on one side of the head.




I went a little bit crazy with the photos, but we LOVE lizards! Also, Blue Tongue lizards are GREAT to have living in your yard because their favourite thing to eat is cockroaches! Now I know why we rarely, if ever, see any cockroaches in the house anymore! We have live in pest control and I'm super happy about that!!

I only got photos of Munchkin doing written schoolwork this week it seems! Here he is working on the notebooking pages that correspond with our states and territories unit the boys are doing. This week we focused on Queensland and Brisbane!





Munchkin spent quite a bit of time one afternoon building and playing with a circuit kit that we have. There are lots of different things you can do with it and it kept him occupied for quite a long time.

Daddy also set Munchkin's bike up on the trainer unit in the backyard so that Munchkin can get some exercise whenever he wants.


Munchkin also enjoyed one of his science kits that he received as a gift for Christmas. This kit was an avalanche kit. I think he poured the water a bit too fast so it didn't work quite as well as we expected, but he still thought it was pretty cool.


Munchkin successfully sprouted some rosemary from our church's garden in his propogation kit that he got for Christmas so he decided it was time to plant it in a pot and move it out on the front verandah.

He also made some homemade slime... sadly I couldn't photograph it as I was offering too much assistance to also use my camera.

The planted rosemary...




Independent reading for Munchkin...

Read aloud selections for the boys...


More independent reading for Munchkin...


More read aloud selections...



Last independent selections for Munchkin...

No comments:

Post a Comment