Saturday, May 13, 2023

Term Two: Week Three ~ Daily Life

We are getting into the groove for the term and unfortunately that means that I often forget to take photographs of the boys working. Also, I have rearranged my daily schedule/routine to try to carve out more reading time for me during the day. I find I'm too tired when I go to bed to do much reading (especially of the non-fiction books and biographies I want to read) so I felt it was important to make time to read during the day. I will now have to make a concerted effort to photograph more of our daily life. Also, the weather turned quite cold (especially at night), very quickly, and much earlier than it normally does so that has changed our routine slightly as well while we adjust.

I finished reading this book aloud to Monster this week. I read it a LONG time ago sometime in early high school and only remembered bits and pieces of the story. It was a good refresher for me and Monster enjoyed it as well.

These two books were read aloud to Monkey as part of his Ancient China unit study. The history book on the left had excellent general information and the stories from the book on the right were interesting and fun to read.

These two books were read to Munchkin as part of his Australian history unit study... the First Scientists book is one I've been eyeing for awhile and it was pretty good.

I managed to get photos of the youngest and the eldest working on their written work... how I missed photographing Monkey I do not know.

Because several of the shops along the main road in our town leave food out for the Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, they are extremely tame. We got very close to this guy before he got startled and flew up to the roof of the nearby building.


A beautiful drawing of Big Ben that Monkey is currently working on...



Lego at the library for After School Activities on Thursday...

Another Sulphur Crested Cockatoo - in the tree this time!


I got four days of good walking in this week...





Munchkin's independent reading for the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment