Saturday, January 21, 2023

School Holidays: Week Five ~ Preparing For the New School Year

The theme for this week should be random. Therefore I think it is fitting that my photos uploaded in a random order and I cannot be bothered to put them in a proper chronological order. Such is the end of school holidays... Enjoy my photo diary of our week just the same.
Monday morning Munchkin attended his last school holidays event for this summer holidays. It was a simple craft (cupcake liner sea creatures) but our next door neighbour attended with him and they both had a wonderful time. Meanwhile I wandered all over the library finding all sorts of new and interesting books to incorporate into our learning this year.

I used my birthday present as a soup bowl this week. I really think it IS meant to be a noodle bowl but as I'm intending to cut my grain based carbs down again I'll have to get creative with this bowl.

I did HEAPS of school planning this week. By Saturday evening I had the ENTIRE year planned for Munchkin, and Terms 1 and 2 complete for Monkey. Hopefully I'll get Terms 3 and 4 planned for Monkey in the next day or two, but if not I'm still WAY in front in terms of organisation compared to previous years.

Quiet early morning work one morning this week - I worked on a blog post (resizing all the photos to start with)...

While Monkey relaxed in the lounge room with his world flag collection...










Munchkin is enjoying his last couple of weeks of "fluffy" free reading before I insist that he read more difficult books for the school term. He is also still working hard to clock minutes for the summer reading challenge at the library as it continues until the 31st of January. He spends every single spare minute he can reading.

I put a TON of books on reserve at the library towards the end of the week. This was the first haul on Friday - the books that are held in our local library. I am now waiting on 60 books to come from a variety of the other eight libraries in our council area (similar to county for my America readers) and then we will be all set to start our learning.

This is a new series of books being written by my favourite Australian author (Jackie French) and Munchkin is LOVING both books. He is keen for her to write another one but so far there is no news of any new books for this series. If you are curious about other Jackie French books I have linked her website to her name.


I got some good walks in this week and also went totally overboard with my exercise when I used the elliptical trainer when it was too hot to walk out in the sun. I didn't do my research to figure out how the trainer compares to my step count when walking. I worked out for over and hour on the trainer trying desperately to get my pedometer to 7500 steps. I gave up when I was nearly ready to collapse and discovered that the amount of time I did work out was equivalent to nearly 18,000 steps. In future, 40 minutes on the trainer will be equal to my walk.



No comments:

Post a Comment