Saturday, November 11, 2023

Term Four: Week Five ~ Plants, Thunderstorms, and Parties

The halfway mark!
I am really struggling with my photography as late. It isn't just me struggling to find ways to photograph our schooling - I'm just not taking many photos period. Something to work on improving in 2024. In the meantime, I hope you will all still enjoy the few photos I do manage to take each week as I try to document life.

I thought I would share the books that I'm currently reading independently. These are all fascinating books.

Two more books in the series I'm reading aloud to Munchkin (left photo) and Monkey (right photo) as part of their science/geography curriculum.

This was Munchkin's literature selection that we finished this week. He didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Monkey did, and I would prefer to read Black Stallion, but it is almost impossible to get a copy of.

Our church shares a building with another congregation, who holds their service directly before ours on a Sunday morning. There are two older women in that congregation who absolutely adore our three boys. One of the ladies gifted Munchkin with this interesting plant, so he spent some time this week planting it in one of our hanging baskets. Hopefully it will survive the transplant and thrive.


I managed to get some MUCH better photos of our flowering succulents than the photos I took last week. It is so exciting that they are flowering because we've had most of these succulents for years and this is the first time we've ever seen them with flowers on them.


We got a FANTASTIC thunderstorm Thursday afternoon. Monster and Monkey were heading out with a friend to see a movie, but managed to make it to the bus shelter just as the heavens opened up. At one point the storm was directly overhead and we got some stupendous thunder. No hail, thankfully, which I thought we might given the green tinge of the clouds you can see in the top photo.

I TRIED to get a nice photo of Munchkin enjoying reading time on Thursday afternoon after our trip to the library - but as you can see from his face, he wasn't in the mood to have his photo taken.

Saturday afternoon and late into the night we celebrated hubby's best friend turning 50! There was GREAT food, good fellowship, and fun was had by all. It was WELL worth the late night.





No comments:

Post a Comment