A month flew by and this week was the week we had to say goodbye to mom (Grandmama) and send her home.
The beautiful Hibiscus was still in bloom so I took the opportunity to get some really good photos. As it was my mom's last Sunday at church with us I took my DSLR camera in order to get some family photos. The Pride of Madeira plant is also in bloom - a favourite of mine.
Many thanks to Monster's godmother for taking these wonderful family photos of us after church.
Sunday afternoon and evening mom and I spent time cleaning and organising the neighbours house as they were due home sometime after 7pm. All the packing and moving around stressed Jack out, so once all the work was done, we settled down with quiet activities and kept Jack company until his people returned. It isn't quite finished, but I got this owl about halfway coloured in. Sitting and leaning over the coffee table wasn't the ideal way to work, and my back was screaming at me the next day, but Jack doesn't eat his dinner until the kitchen/dining area is closed for the night. I'm pleased with how this is turning out and keen to work on the other pictures in the colouring book in the weeks and months to come.
Tuesday evening. The left photo is a lovely historical display in memory of Charles Kingsford Smith. I found it as I roamed around the airport waiting to hear that mom had boarded and was ready for take off.
A lovely person offered to take our picture together at the departures area. I paid it forward by taking photos for two other groups of people before I left the airport and headed home. Goodbye is never easy, but mom and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit together.
Wednesday was straight back into the normal routine which included walking to and from the shopping centre for groceries. This group of Long Billed Corellas was gathered at the park as I was walking home.
Thursday morning I discovered this Rainbow Lorikeet feasting in our Bottle Brush tree. He was kind enough to pose for some photos.
I went to the library on Thursday in order to see our favourite chemist/pharmacist who no longer works on Friday. He offered mom some excellent advice about how to manage her back pain and I wanted to let him know that it did help, that we were able to enjoy our time together, and that she was home safe and sound. Not a huge book haul, but enough to give me options for the remainder of the month. The cute little plaque you see is a gift from my mom.




















No comments:
Post a Comment