Time flies when you are having fun and here we are at week nine of the term and our final full week of our visit with my mom.
Sunday was our quarterly potluck at church. I was super excited that mom was here to attend one as there is so much wonderful food to eat and it is fun to spend extra time chatting with people.
Due to our trip to the Blue Mountains the day before, and then our longer than usual morning at church with potluck, I made sure to take Jack for an extra long walk Sunday afternoon. The trees in our local park are some of my favourites.
A tree in our yard is flowering and although these particular trees are everywhere, I have NEVER seen one flower before EVER in my life. I will be interested to see how big the flowers get.
Our big plan for this week was another trip into the city. Due to industrial action with the ferry company, all our ferries are fare free until early October. This was an excellent opportunity to ride a ferry AND visit one of Monkey's favourite areas - Barangaroo. When we arrived at Circular Quay and found our ferry wharf we had an excellent view of the harbour and the Opera House. Suddenly we noticed that two people were up on top of the largest sail. With my super zoom lens on my DSLR camera I was able to get this photo. Once we were home Monkey and I did some Googling. Initially we thought it was filming for an upcoming Batman movie. But further research a few days later determined it was a publicity stunt for Global Batman Day and the movie notice was a rumour. I didn't even know there WAS a Global Batman Day - but it was fun to watch them up there.
A beautiful view of Circular Quay and the buildings behind as our ferry headed out into the Harbour.
The Museum of Contemporary Art building...
I never tire of taking photographs of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. If you look closely you can see some scaffolding on the bridge. We thought this was because they would be starting the set up for the New Year's Eve fireworks. But it turns out they started a MASSIVE project (in early 2025 no less) with painting and repairs to prepare for the centenary of it opening which will be in 2032.
I have taken several ferry rides around the harbour in all the years I've lived here but never one that stopped at Luna Park. I've always had to admire the attraction from across the Harbour with my zoom lens. Due to routine maintenance on the large ferris wheel, it wasn't as spectacular as it could have been, but still exciting to see close up.
The tall building on the right is Monkey's favourite - The Crown Casino at Barangaroo.
I love a different perspective of the bridge and the Opera House.
The "other" bridge in Sydney. This is the ANZAC Bridge (the other half of the bridge is off camera to the left) and it is also known by the locals as Madonna's Bra!!
Our final destination was Barangaroo - Monkey's favourite spot in Sydney. Here is another view of his favourite building - The Crown casino.
I loved how the sunshine shone off all the buildings near The Crown.
After visiting Barangaroo for awhile we hopped back on the ferry and returned to the city for some other site seeing and shopping. These aren't the best photos because I was trying to take them at angles that removed people walking along the street - but I love all the different architecture around the city.
There was MUCH excitement in the house Tuesday night as these fantastic light sabers arrived during the day. Monster bought them as a special gift for the three of them. They are the talk on the street now as several kids and teenagers have noticed them when they've been duelling after dark. As you can see from the photo they light up and there are sound effects and music as well.
Yet another Hibiscus flower spotted in another yard in the neighbourhood. This was as close as I could get with just my phone camera.
A super cute photo of Jack napping on the couch while mom and I read. He has a hard life - can't you tell??!!
Another afternoon visit with Monkey where Jack allowed him to sit next to mom.
While doing some shopping at our regular shopping centre, I came across a Querkle colouring book at Kmart. I have always wanted one so mom bought one for each of us and we spent an afternoon colouring. If you are interested in knowing more about them click on the word as I've attached a link to it.
Saturday was another afternoon walk with Jack in the park. More Water Dragon spotting. If you look closely you can spot one in the top middle of the left photo, and the far right of the right photo just next to the two tree branches. Again, I'm looking forward to some time with my DSLR camera, and NO dog, so I can really focus on photographing these amazing creatures.
Munchkin finished one Woobles character while Grandmama was here.






























No comments:
Post a Comment