Saturday, September 24, 2022

Term Three: Week Ten ~ The End is Here

The final week of the term! Time is flying and I can't believe this year is 3/4 of the way finished already. Hopefully the final week of the term will go well and we'll finish our 2022 school year strong.

I finally remembered to photograph these flowers when we were at church. I've been admiring them for a few weeks now, but kept forgetting to grab my DSLR and take some shots.

I also took the opportunity to get some more photos of these flowers as the blossoms will start to fall soon.

After a weekend of some deep cleaning and organising, the boys and I have MUCH more space on the dining table for our studying.

Ready to sit side-by-side and work on Year 8 math with Monkey.


These are the non-fiction titles we finished this week. There are a few books I will have to borrow next term to finish off some of the series we started, and then we'll get started on some new unit studies in Term 4.

We finished off the 12th book in the Series of Unfortunate Events book, which leaves one final book to read and we have already decided we MUST read it over the holidays rather than wait two weeks to figure out what is going to happen.

Also, Monkey finished his first Premier's Reading Challenge book for next year. He liked the book but discovered that Ursula Dubosarsky books are a tad on the strange and weird side, and he didn't particularly like the ending. But I do like that he is giving new and different books a try.

Munchkin found a hairy caterpillar outside and decide to put it in the bug catcher and take care of it in hopes that it will turn into a moth or butterfly.


He seems pretty happy in his little home so we'll see how it goes. We have taken care of many caterpillars over the years and we've had mixed success. Sometimes the grow to moths or butterflies and other times they just die.

Munchkin enjoys playing with our wedgits set now and again. As he is still enjoying screen free time he asked for me to get them out for him and has spent time building towers and designs.

Working hard to finish up his math tests as once he is done he is officially on school holidays.

We have a 300 piece giant floor puzzle with a Disney Jungle book picture on it. Munchkin decided to put the puzzle together one more time before we pass it on to friends.

An optical illusions book from the library prompted Munchkin to do this artwork one morning during our read aloud time.

Our last homeschool group meet up at the park for the term. This particular Friday was cloudy, wet, windy and cold, but we braved it with one other family. I'm glad we did because the kids played really well together and everyone needed the outdoor time.


The facial expressions of the big boys cracked me up!

I did NOT intend to walk this much on this particular day, but was pleased that I set a new record in the process. I think I took two trips to the shops AND two trips to the library to clock up this many steps.

Because of the HUGE walk on one day this week, I took some rest days as my body needed the break and a bit of time to recover.
Below are Munchkin's independent reading selections for the week...
*************************************



















No comments:

Post a Comment