Sunday, July 26, 2026

Term Three: Week One ~ Chaos and Celebration

 It was an interesting first week to the new term. We had a decent enough start, and I feel like we will achieve much, but it definitely could have gone better. We had some dramas: an infected finger for hubby and frustrations with replacing a household appliance, but we survived the week. We ended with Monkey's 17th birthday on Saturday and I reflected on the passing of time. It is hard to believe that I will soon have a household of grown men, not little boys.





Despite the loss of our wonderful friends from the other congregation, and the lack of their wonderful gardening skills, the flowers at church are thriving. I took some time after church to photograph some of my favourites. The bees were enjoying the lavender and were so busy with their job that they ignored me and my camera.




We had no errands to run after church, and my batch cooking went faster than usual, so there was time for a walk with Munchkin Sunday afternoon. The agave plant was blooming beautifully and we found this gorgeous orange grevillea plant as well.


Monday was a soft start with reading aloud only. I had plans of starting our newest David Attenborough DVD but we ended up sticking with just the reading. This is the stack of what we started on Monday. The rest of the week was much the same. With some of the other dramas throughout the week, we stuck with reading aloud and on a couple of days only managed the Bible and Book of Virtues. Hopefully week two will go a bit more smoothly.


We're back to spotting and photographing lonely Lime bike helmets. I have actually seen several over the school holidays but wasn't ever able to photograph them. So I was excited when I spotted this one on my walk to the shopping centre for groceries early Friday morning.



We finished off several books this week. The series along the left is primarily for Munchkin and there is one more book left to read. He is doing a unit study on cells (mainly) and body systems (secondarily) and these books are a great place to start. They are below his level, and the humour in them is groan worthy, but they have solid information and we will branch out to more detailed books from here. 
The picture book was a random find at the library as it was on display and the beautiful illustration on the front cover caught my eye. I had never heard of this particular bird before and we enjoyed learning more about it as we read the book and enjoyed the gorgeous pictures.


I finished on Saturday!!


My walks for the week. Two walks to the shops for groceries and the short walk with Munchkin Sunday afternoon. Ideally I would like to extend our Sunday afternoon walks if we can as that was a bit on the short side for my liking.




I had a GREAT Wordle week. I now have a 25 day streak AND I earned that badge you can see above! I didn't even know there were awards within Wordle. I've been concentrating much better with Wordle and not rushing to solve the puzzle. Hopefully I can keep my streak going.

No comments:

Post a Comment