Saturday, March 4, 2023

Term One: Week Five ~ Beauty, Bruises, and Best Friends

My morning routine (because my youngest has converted me from night owl to morning person) is to rise no later than 6:30am (and I do NOT need an alarm to wake anymore either) and usually that means that I get anywhere from 30-60 minutes of peace and quiet before anyone else wakes up. 

This week, Sunday morning, when I opened the curtains, I was greeted with this beautiful sunrise.

Early Monday morning (around 5:45am) I tripped whilst getting out of bed and was only awake enough to respond in the most basic way so effectively stopped myself from crashing to the ground by running my upper arm into the corner wall of our built in wardrobe/closet. These two photos were taken on two different days (Monday afternoon and Wednesday I think) and they don't really do the colours justice. It was a very deep bruise and was quiet sore until Saturday.

After School Activity at the library was Lego this week...

Our besties always give us a ride home from the library and then stay for a bit of a visit. Munchkin and Mr L enjoyed some quiet time together (left hand photo) while Mr J enjoyed watching Monkey play his game on the computer (right hand photo).

We finished LOTS of books again this week... 
Paper was AMAZING. Although this was an adult non-fiction book, Munchkin really enjoyed learning more about the history of paper and he absorbed a lot more of the information that I thought he was going to as the book was very detailed and went quite deep. This author is excellent and I'm excited to read another of his books (independently this time) about the history of milk. 

We also loved reading The Hobbit (it was literature of Monkey so he and Monster listened to it) and we are now looking forward to starting the first Lord of the Rings book.

As I thought when I mentioned it in my book selection blog post, the viruses book was aimed at a much younger audience than any of my three boys. But it still gave a good overview and we will dive into more difficult books in the future.



I thoroughly enjoyed reading this aloud to Monster. I know I have said it numerous times already but I am thankful that homeschooling my boys gave me the push I needed to read more high quality books.








Munchkin's eclectic collection of independent reads for the week...


And my walking for the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment