Saturday, November 5, 2022

Term Four: Week Four ~ Plugging Along

Nearing the midway point of our last term of the year and we are just plugging along with all our work that we want to accomplish before the end of the school year.

This was an interesting find at church. I have NO idea what this even is, but it caught our interest so I photographed it and we'll see if we can figure out what it is and what is going to happen to it.

Two chapter books we finished reading aloud this week... Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde was a literature selection for Monster and Grimm's Fairy Tales was for all three boys.


Non-fiction read alouds that we finished this week...

Munchkin has finished his math textbook for the year. I'm not keen to start a new textbook midway through the last term so he'll simply review some content on the Khan Academy website and then start his Year 6 textbook next year.

Playing computer with the help of "Spotty" his special friend.

Monkey hard at work on his writing assignment.

We have fruit on our tomato plant - we are excited. Hopefully it will stay alive so the tomatoes can actually ripen fully and be eaten.




Photos are a bit out of order and I can't be bothered to re-arrange them...
These are Munchkin's independent reading selections for the week... with no math to do he'll have much more time for reading.

The After School Activity at the library on Thursday was a Halloween craft. I really liked the work that Munchkin did AND he helped a couple of older kids (school kids who attend a before and after school centre) figure out how to draw and decorate their spider webs. As the year has progressed more and more public school students have attended so perhaps next year they will be able to add board games to the rotation.

The right hand photo makes me SO happy! It is my haul from the op shops for the week. Hubby went to two different shops and found me the Jodi Picoult books and I scored Shantaram and the Kate Morton book from our local op shop that I pass every week on my way to the library.

My walking wasn't consistent at all this week...




No comments:

Post a Comment