Sunday, March 31, 2024

Term One: Week Nine ~ Baptism and Good Friday

This was a VERY special week for our household. Monster made the decision to be baptised when our Pastor announced a few weeks ago that another church member was getting baptised and opened it up for anyone else. I have also contemplated for many years about water baptism and felt this was the right time for me as well. Curiously, Monster and I knew nothing of the other person's decision until after that particular service. We each made the decision independently, but simultaneously.

So on Palm Sunday, after our regular service, several of us travelled to the beach to be baptised in the ocean. The other gentleman and his wife were there, as well as six other members of our congregation. The above photo is a beautiful shot of the beach.
Photo Credit: Monkey

Two wonderful shots of Monster and I as we emerged from the water.
Photo Credit: Monkey's godmother - Auntie H


Wound photos - sorry if anyone is squeamish. I texted my mum frequently through the week with updates on Monkey's healing elbow wound. It was nice and healed up and no longer needed creams and bandages by the end of the week. I love that my mum is able to "nurse" her grandchildren from afar.



We are nearly the end of the term and I generally take a break from reading aloud (aside from the Bible and sometimes their literature) so we worked hard to finish books. As they wrap up chapters in math and finish last writing assignments over the next two weeks, school will be reading and hopefully we'll finish off a few more that we started at the beginning of the term.



Just some photographic proof that we DO structured written work. This week the focus was on Munchkin so next week I'll have to try to get some photos of Monkey.

Nature photos from this week. With Good Friday ending our week I got more walking in. This photo was taken Thursday when Munchkin and I took a walk to the shops for some groceries.

More Rainbow Lorikeet photos at the house that feeds them. I tried to get closer to this guy, as he seemed fairly tame, but I got too close and then he was spooked and wouldn't let me get any closer than these shots.


Some of the beautiful flowers in our church garden - taken after the Good Friday morning service.

I went for a LONG walk in the afternoon on Good Friday. All by myself. It was lovely.

I forgot to photograph the other plants, but our tomato plant is growing so well we are noticing the changes almost daily now. I'm hoping we'll get some fruit as the daytime temperatures are really quite warm still.


My step count totals for my walks from Thursday, Friday and Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment