Saturday, August 6, 2022

Term Three: Week Three ~ Belated Celebrations and Finishing Books

This was a a good week for us, though I failed to take photos of our structured, written work. We had a five day week as we are not attending homeschool group for the month of August. The group will be meeting up at parks that are farther away from home then we care to travel in the winter. Plus, on Friday afternoon, a dear friend came over with a special afternoon tea and gifts for Monkey to celebrate his birthday.

Both Munchkin and Monkey have downloaded stop motion apps onto their phones and spent a good portion of their week creating videos with it.

Munchkin and I went to the After School Activity (craft) at the library on Thursday even though his best friend couldn't be there because COVID has invaded their house. The activity was an Australian map collage craft and Munchkin rather enjoyed it. As usual, I spent the time that he was working roaming the library and browsing the books. I also returned our finished books and picked up the few reserves we had this week.


A few photos of Monkey opening his special birthday gifts. He got some lovely sketching pencils, some black Sharpie markers/textas, a new blade, some adhesive letters, some SUPER cool, thin paintbrushes, and some square canvas. He was a happy boy and will enjoy using all his new equipment.




Some of Munchkin's independent reading for the week...


Junior non-fiction selections that we finished reading aloud this week...

Monkey worked really hard to finish his reading requirement for the Premier's Reading Challenge and read these two books this week. Now he can get started on reading books for next year so that he doesn't feel pinched for time in August again. He is really keen to earn his medal so he needs to complete the challenge for at least two more years.

We finished these two chapter book read alouds this week - left photo I read aloud to all three boys (though it was focused on Munchkin) and the right photo I read aloud to Monster. I was a bit disappointed with the book, perhaps because my expectations were too high, but it wasn't a BAD book.




Final independent reading selections for Munchkin...



I didn't get to do my walk on Friday due to schoolwork and our guest in the afternoon, but I hit or exceeded my goal every other day this week. I've read several books that recommend that I walk 7500 extra steps per day so I will increase my goal to that and keep it at that.



No comments:

Post a Comment