Saturday, January 29, 2022

Summer School Holidays: Week Seven ~ Photography, Games and Last Minute Planning

This was our last week of summer school holidays, and with a public holiday (Australia Day) smack in the middle of the week, we took the opportunity to relax and have as much fun as possible just chilling out and enjoying the last of our free time.

I spent some time this week working on my new Facebook Photography Challenge theme ~ food. I didn't want to go with the "typical" photos of food I was eating or preparing so I opted to photograph food that is growing in our garden. Our fig trees are actually suffering from all the rain we've had. The large tree is dropping fruit when it is super tiny and not the least bit ripe. Thankfully our smaller fig tree is fruiting, though it is a battle to get any of the fruit before the birds since we don't net the trees.


Munchkin requested some game playing time so I spent an afternoon playing three of his favourite card games with him.


More photography fun when I found this gorgeous skink hanging out in our backyard. I had a few minutes to play around with my settings before he got spooked (I crept a little too close) and scampered back to safety.



All three boys were allowed one hour of gaming computer time per weekday during the school holidays (double what they are allowed during the term) so they really enjoyed themselves. They often play online games with one or more of their homeschool friends or cousins.

The dragon fruit plant that has been growing in our garden for a couple of years has finally started flowering.

As I'm pretty nearly 100% recovered from my bout of COVID I'm adding healthy habits back into my life. Food is starting to taste as it should so I can once again enjoy delicious salads, and I stretched myself a bit and did a LOT of walking on Thursday when I had to run several errands. That was a bit more than I probably SHOULD be doing, but a rest day the next day had me feeling fine.

Some last minute school planning on the Friday and Saturday as I needed to get calendar pages (schedule) written up for Monkey and Munchkin and also get their math organized for the week.

While I worked on that, Munchkin kept me company and "fixed" some of his silly putty which had gone a bit sticky.

This is a light week for Munchkin, a few more activities will be added from week two.






Independent reading for Munchkin through this last week of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment