Saturday, July 10, 2021

July School Holidays: Week Two ~ Drawing, Lego Constructions, Lock-down Deep Cleaning, Games, Books and Computer Time

School holidays week two, and we remain in a tight lock-down. Some people are choosing not to follow the rules, and the number of daily cases continues to rise. So the boys and I decided to make the best of our time at home.




Monkey spent a lot of his free time drawing. Once he was finished he showed me his completed work and allowed me to photograph them.



The boys enjoyed playing some games together...

Munchkin spent an afternoon helping me with some batch cooking (left photo) and then enjoyed his allowed computer time.

Another day he decided to start a 300 piece puzzle given to him by a dear friend of ours. I helped him sort the pieces, putting edge pieces on one tray and in side pieces on another tray. Then he got to work...

He made good progress the first day he worked on it, and was pleased that he completed all of this without any help from me aside from moving the puzzle a bit on the mat.

Munchkin spent a LOT of time building and creating some Lego projects... This was something called "Disaster Island" and it had printed out papers with suggestions of what to build.














On Saturday the three boys played a computer game online with four other friends of theirs. Monster organises these events about once a month and they are usually quite successful. The boys particularly like that one of them (Monkey in this case) gets to "borrow" their dad's computer for the event!

We spent an evening playing games together instead of reading aloud... Here Munchkin and I were playing Guess Who

Followed by a game called Say What You See...

Then Exploding Kittens...

And finally Otrio!

Lock-down cleaning is a thing... I spent Saturday (while the boys had their online gaming session) doing some deep cleaning of my bedroom bookshelves and the kitchen cupboards! Above is the BEFORE (left) and AFTER (right) photo of two of my bookshelves. I reorganised which books were where, dusted the shelves, and even cleaned the books.

The BEFORE photo of my vanity...

The AFTER photo of this bookshelf...

And the AFTER photo of the whole area... now I can better see which books I want to read next!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment