Saturday, September 26, 2020

Term Three: Week Ten ~ Bonus Week of School Holidays

Our bonus week of school holidays and we really enjoyed a chilled out week. I didn't schedule anything specific (other than our daily Bible and character reading) and we just let each day flow.

Our weekly library book haul out from garage quarantine and ready for the library bookshelves!

I insisted that one of our walks this week be the boardwalk to the oval. 


Some very blurry photos of Munchkin (left) and Monkey (right) riding their scooters. I couldn't be bothered to stop walking while I took the photos as they were riding too fast... so blurry is what I got!




Games, games and more games... some of our evening routine time has been spent with the boys playing board games or card games together rather than me reading aloud... we are still working on books we were reading during the term... but I won't start any NEW books until Term 4 so this is a nice break for me...

Munchkin has also enjoyed some one-on-one game time with daddy and also with me (bottom two photos)... I am so thankful that we decided to start collecting good quality board games and card games and we have been blessed by friends and family who have gifted us with new games as well.


Finally, Munchkin has spent some time printing out Minecraft papercraft and has begun building during read aloud time.

Munchkin is re-reading all our Roald Dahl books...





Picture books still play a big role in our house...

Munchkin really enjoys the Deltora Quest series...


We are wrapping up our Australian Gold Rush unit... I read this book aloud to Monkey



Munchkin has re-discovered the Beast Quest books at the library...




More of Munchkin's independent selections for the week... he is my voracious reader

Monster is enjoying reading some of the Horrible Histories books he hasn't read yet... amazingly there are a few and our library has them available for borrowing.

Two read aloud selections that I read aloud to all three boys this week...




Finally, Munchkin decided to re-read some of our Ramona books as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment