Saturday, August 8, 2020

Term Three: Week Three ~ Puzzles, Books and BIG Surprises!!

You will see more about my exciting week later down in the blog, but suffice it to say that I'm feeling VERY blessed and my faith in the human race has been restored just a little bit.

Munchkin has been my helper this week and has been working hard doing some extra chores around the house. This particular day he did the dishes, but he is also serving his brother by doing their Saturday chores for them, and just doing some extra chores around the house that we don't do regularly. 

Our weekly load of library books out of quarantine and ready to be enjoyed... 

Monster decided to give a photomosaic puzzle a try, but decided he had bitten off more than he wanted to chew, so he abandoned this and went back to regular puzzles. 

 Some of Munchkin's activities this week... a hands-on math assignment for school, and an afternoon spent building an elaborate train track!

Monster's progress on the regular 1000 piece puzzle he chose... 

Monkey got some new acrylic paints and canvases for his birthday so he spent some time this week creating some beautiful pictures... 





They enjoyed the trampoline for a bit one afternoon this week... 

More of Monster's puzzle progress... 

An afternoon walk on the new footpath to get some exercise and some sunshine... 

Monster is impressed with how fast he is completing puzzles lately after the fish puzzle took so very long... 

Now for my excitement for the week... Monday morning a homeschool friend alerted me to the fact that my all-time favourite Australian author (Jackie French) was offering on Twitter and Facebook to send people a book or book a free Zoom session to help people through this difficult time. So I posted a comment on her Facebook page talking about her "Matilda Saga" series and how it is escapist reading for me, that I've re-read it numerous times, and that I one day hope to own the entire set - at the time I had two of the nine books!

Well, Jackie contacted me and offered me book #8 (see photo above) and it arrived on my doorstep on Wednesday morning... 

Complete with autograph...
Then, to further the blessings... a woman who follows Jackie on Facebook contacted me and offered to send me the entire series as she owned it but no longer wanted it! WOW!! 

So Friday morning these books arrived on my doorstep. I am a very happy girl!! 



One morning Munchkin worked hard creating these little "finger puppets" of the characters from the Dog Man books. He didn't follow any instructions... just drew and cut the characters out by looking at the drawings in the book!  I was pretty impressed. 

During another afternoon walk (to the library) we checked out the progress on the construction. This is going to be four apartments when it is finished! 

Thursday evening the boys enjoyed playing a new game Kloak that Monkey received as a birthday gift from a friend! 

Thursday night puzzle progress... 



Friday afternoon we stayed home... as it rained and rained and rained some more! Thankfully I got to the library (to return some books), the chemist, and the grocery store before this rain started because it continued well into the night Friday night! 

And finally, Monster's Friday night progress on the puzzle... I imagine he will finish it Sunday or Monday of next week! 







 Independent chapter book reading for the Munchkin...



I started reading the Pig the Pug books to him again so he could return them and enjoy something new... 

History read alouds for the week... 








 Monkey has discovered the Horrible Histories books!!








I read this aloud to all three boys and we discussed ways in which 1st world countries could improve their food production and consumption... 

 Monkey is enjoying a unit study on the Australian Gold Rushes... we read aloud these two books this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment